Monday, December 20, 2010

...and counting

Me feeling very grateful, outline style*
  1. Family: J, thank you for making that 6-hr stretch of sleep last night possible...so amazing! For my Christmas wish from last year that I now get to hold in my arms! I can't imagine life without my lil j. For wonderful parents on both sides - looking forward to our trip to Florida and still floating from a great trip to Iowa over Thanksgiving. For an awesome sister and brother and LOVE the time I got to spend with my Abigail, Isaiah, and Isaac today!
  2. Catrow family: for the generosity we've felt not only in the Christmas gifts we received yesterday, but in the love and support we experience all the time as we live life together.
  3. Perspective: for seeing life through new lenses as a parent. For feeling a new connection with God, a greater understanding of the unbelievable sacrifice He made in giving His Son, for the humility Christ exuded coming as a baby (dare I say poopy diapers and spit-up?) and a new and utter dependence on the Spirit.
  4. God's provision: time and time again. For being reminded that if all else crumbles, He is enough (check out www.catrow.tv - yesterday's talk).
  5. Sweets: i.e. cookies, ice cream, chocolate-dipped pretzels. Quite less important, yes... but I am oh, so thankful :)
  6. Awesome Memories: both recent (can I say diaper blow-out in Jason's Deli - thanks Mom!) and not-so recent (the year Meme saved Christmas**)
*Dear reader: the type A inside of me is very disappointed that I could not create subtopics within my outline.
**The condensed version: As a rather inquisitive 6th-grader, I knew where my parents had my presents stowed, ready for the wrapping = in the trunk of our car, begging for me to sneak a peek. Mom and Dad were snoozing in bed. The keys sat on their bedroom chest of drawers, right inside their door. Quietly and stealthily, I snatched the keys, scampered to the garage, popped the trunk, detected the outline to a porcelain doll box, closed the trunk and headed back inside. I opened the bedroom door and placed the keys back on the dresser, not as quietly this time. My ninja card was revoked as Dad's eyes were suddenly open. Fast forward...my Mom is calling her Mom...so upset and ready to return all my gifts. Meme talks her down. Mom doesn't take the presents back, I get to open my doll (and actually see what she looks like), and Christmas is saved. Hence, the year Meme saved Christmas.

1 comment:

  1. Aw...I bet Jesus had diaper blow-outs too. Stella sure has!

    ReplyDelete